Thursday, 18 July 2013

Alexandra Rugby Football Club 1st XV 1936

By Chuck Osborne (RhAF)

(Some of the names are intelligible, thanks to a misguided moth, or whatever)

Back row: G.E.W.McKay J.Osborne C.A.Williamson C.O.Kirk A.Fraser
 2nd row: F.Hunter J.F.O'Dea R.A.Crowther S.Schragger J.D.Bredenkamp G.A.Smith H.Schultz
 3rd row: ?? ?? C.O'Donohoe (Captain) Mr.W.Smith (President) M.Payne (Vice-Captain) I.S.Evans W.E.Cawood
 4th row: R.G.McIntyre R.Dennison.
End

Thanks to Chuck Osborne for sharing his photograph and memories with ORAFs.
Comments are welcome, please send them to Eddy Norris at orafs11@gmail.com

 (Please visit our previous posts and archives)

Ref. Rhodesia 

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 21 July 2013 at 15:22 , Blogger Rhodesia Remembered said...

Terry Craven Writes (RhAF) Writes:-
The second photo of the 1st XV 1936, the vice captain M Payne is my uncle, thru marriage his wife Jessie is my moms sister. This is the first time I have seen this particular photo. I never knew that my uncle Mikey even played rugby.

My dad went on to play Hockey for Alex and was Captain and Vice Captain.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home